Defence Fuel Installation – Ground (DFI[G])
The purpose of the interim Defence Fuel Installation – Ground (DFI[G]) facility at Borneo Barracks in Cabarlah, Queensland, is to provide a temporary diesel fuel solution for light vehicles until the construction of a permanent DFI(G) as part of the Defence Fuel Transformation Program (DFTP) Tranche 2 works.
The project consisted of site modifications to the existing civil infrastructure to enable the landing of the new above ground tank system inclusive of construction of new footings; construction and lining of a new bunded area and drainage system to tie into the existing system; installation of new underground electrical conduit and cabling and modifications to the existing distribution board on-site; and site installation and commissioning of a new 44kL self-bunded storage tank and dispensing system.
Enviropacific was engaged to manage the construction of the project inclusive of procurement of all materials; provision of quality documentation; management and coordination of civil, plumbing and tank sub-contractors; provision of on-site mechanical and electrical labour; and testing, commissioning, end-user training and submission of Hand Over Take Over (HOTO) documentation to the client.
- Concrete modifications and installations for tank installation.
- Installation of new electrical cabling and conduit to power installation.
- Installation and modification of drainage system for environmental management and protection.
- Fabrication of a self-bunded above ground containerised storage tank with integral fuel offloading and dispensing capabilities.
- Management and coordination of system testing, commissioning and user training.
- Provision of HOTO documentation.