Waste Treatment Solve
SOLVE is Enviropacific’s state-of-the-art soil and waste processing facility in Altona, Victoria.
Enviropacific is changing the way hazardous and prescribed industrial wastes (PIW) are managed in Australia, through our specialist thermal treatment technology.
SOLVE offers a sustainable and cost-effective solution for the treatment of contaminated soils and PIWs, using the most advanced thermal desorption technologies in a safe, emission-controlled, and fully-enclosed system.
Traditionally, direct disposal to landfills has been the most prevalent method of disposing of contaminated soils and waste. Landfilling is also the lowest tier of best practice waste management under the national waste hierarchy shown below.
At SOLVE we are committed to providing a better, more sustainable solution for waste owners, especially as policy and regulations focus on improving environmental outcomes. Thermal treatment avoids landfill, and instead treats the contaminants, allowing the treated material to be reused.
Using our extensive range of in-house equipment, we pre-treat and homogenise materials enable effective thermal destruction, whilst operating within the limits of the EPA issued licence.
SOLVE is superior for the management of contaminated solids and liquids:
- Licenced to accept Category A, Category B, Category C, Category D and prescribed industrial wastes (PIW)
- Centrally located in Altona, west of Melbourne on a VicRoads PBS approved arterial road, full-height truck access
- Registered weighbridge, all-weather access, and approved for 24/7 operation
- Workflows on site have been optimised for prompt unloading
- Compliant, reliable, and licenced by the Victorian EPA
- High production thermal treatment, with a large waste storage capacity
- Mature systems for waste tracking and interstate waste approvals
- Competitive pricing structure
SOLVE provides a value-for-money solution to waste owners ensuring ethical and environmental business practices and regulatory compliance.
Solve Thermal Treatment Process
Contaminated waste is transported to SOLVE Altona and stored in a fully enclosed atmospherically controlled Material Receival Building.
The waste then undergoes conditioning prior to thermal treatment involving crushing, drying, and screening of the material. The pre-processed material is then fed into the thermal desorber. This increases the volatility of the contaminants, thereby separating the contaminants from the solid material.
Gas collection equipment captures the contaminated vapours and destroys them using a thermal oxidiser, converting them to carbon dioxide and water vapour.
All treated material is then stored in the Treated Material Building for sampling, validation, and waste categorisation. The treated material can then be returned to where it was excavated from, re-used for beneficial purposes, or safely disposed into landfill if required.
Current Treatment Capability
SOLVE is EPA licenced to treat over 20 categories of complex contaminants including PFAS.
CURRENT APPROVED WASTE CODES
- N119, N120, N121 (Contaminated Soils)
- M100, M110, M120, M160, N210 (Industrial Wastes)
PRIMARY LICENCED CONTAMINANTS
- PCB, PAH, TPH, PFAS
SOLVE Altona is continuously seeking partners to collaborate with to expand our range of services. Research and Development is a permanent initiative of SOLVE Altona. We are pursuing capability for treatment and energy recovery from the following additional wastes:
- Hydrocarbon Liquids
- Filter Cakes, catalysts
- Non-destructive drilling (NDD) muds
- Waste fuels
- PFAS contaminated construction and demolition waste
Can’t find waste codes you’re looking for? Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or call 1300 995 116.