Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are toxic, persistent and bioaccumulate in the environment. There are many common sources of PFAS including firefighting foam, water repellents, fabric protector, carpets and cookware. PFAS can also be found in soil, concrete, groundwater, surface water and sediments. These chemicals are resistant to heat, water and oil and do not degrade in the environment.
Enviropacific has developed and implemented a range of remediation approaches to manage and treat per- and poly-fluoroalkyl (PFAS) for soil, sediment, sludges and water at sites throughout Australia.
Recent projects demonstrate Enviropacific’s highly effective treatment of PFAS analytes in affected matter, reducing major PFAS by more than 99% and all minor PFAS below the laboratory limit of reporting.
We manage and remediate these complex chemicals with an in-depth knowledge of remediation technologies, site investigations reviews, regulatory framework and site-specific factors (soil type, hydrogeology, contamination etc.).
Enviropacific are national leaders in PFAS treatment across all streams:
- Scalable, modular systems
- Mobile units available for rapid deployment
- Peripheral systems integrated into existing client infrastructure
- Proven regulatory compliance
- Sludge dewatering and management
- Non-destructive digging (NDD) PFAS sludge management
- Ongoing treatment process development
- Thermal destruction
- Engineered solutions