Work is progressing well on remediating the former Fitzroy Gasworks site in Melbourne. Some of the key milestones we have achieved:
- Remediation of the Former Council Yard (portion A) of the Fitzroy Gasworks remediation site has been completed and this section of the site has now been handed back to the State Government.
- More than 53,000 tonnes of contaminated material has been processed on site and transported to SOLVE for treatment.
- Construction of our third and largest 48m wide Odour Control Enclosure (OCE).
- Water treatment system includes sedimentation, dosing, aeration and multiple filtration stages, vital following the significant rainfall in February, March and April.
- Preparation of footings for our final OCE relocation (stage 3).
Enviropacific is proud to be working on such an important project for Victoria; cleaning up a historical legacy site, to enable the creation of an urban village with new housing, community facilities, a senior high school and public space.